Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Random facts I discovered by myself


1. When you're  about to sneeze, but you're  having a hard time to actually sneeze, just look at the sun, or any other source of light and you will sneeze instantly.

2. When you're  about to sneeze, same with no. 1, push the roof of your mouth with your tongue and close your eyes to stop sneezing.

3. To get rid of sinusitis or clogged nose, push the roof of your mouth with your tongue and massage your nose bride and eyebrow line.

4. When you have colds and one of your nostrils airway is blocked, pinch your nose really tight and blow your nose moderately and when you release your fingers from pinching it, you can have a temporary decongested nasal airway. (you can breathe properly for 10 seconds, or depending on how heavy your colds is)
(Facts 1-4 :) yes, I have respiratory problems)

5. One sign that your hair is really dirty is when your shampoo doesn’t form foam bubbles when you massage it in your hair. (tried this when not taking a bath for 3-5 days)

6. If you want your hair to become a bit lighter, squeeze lemon juice to your hair and stay under the sun for 1 hour. Repeat the process if necessary. I tried it myself, from natural dark brown hair, to ginger. If it doesn’t work for you, try replacing the lemon juice to 12% hydrogen peroxide (can be bought anywhere, or in a cosmetics shop)

7. When you did an all-nighter (awake for the whole night) and ended up trying to sleep at 6 or 7am, then forget about it. Just look at the sun for a few minutes, take breakfast, take a bath, and you're  good as someone who actually had a good sleep. I don’t know the specific explanation for this, but I have tried this so many times since high school (I was in a night shift schedule in high school, and I always do an all-nighter for random things, pretty nocturnal)

8. If you really want to sleep after being awake from night til dawn, drink milk without sugar, perform exhausting exercises, and drink lots of water. If that doesn’t work, then 2 hours before you're  gonna sleep, drink something with a really high sugar content. It will make you hyper for 2 hours but after it, it will really make you tired and sleepy.

9. If you slept really late (not an allnighter, but some 2am-3am), try wearing shades the next day (when you wake up).  It relaxes you.

10. When going from a well-lit place to a dark place (or room), vice versa, try covering one of your eyes with your hand while entering. After you’re already inside, let your hand stay for about 5 seconds. So you don’t experience going blind for a few seconds.

11. To see better in the dark, eat 1 teaspoon (or Tablespoon lol) of sugar, or 2 cubes of sugar, while closing your eyes for 3 minutes. When opening your eyes, do it slowly and make sure you're  already in that dark place. This effect is temporary and lasts about 10minutes to 1 hour. And will stop when your drink 2 glasses of water. (still don’t know it's explanation, but I experienced the things I listed here myself.

12. To see better in the dark permanently, try reading books directly infront of the sun or a source of light. Make an eclipse effect; cover the sun or the light source with your book while reading. When you’re not into books, try dimming your laptop to the lowest level of brightness, and use it outside (in the porch or anywhere outside). Make sure that your laptop screen is facing the sun. Try to see it's reflection on your laptop screen.

25 comments:

  1. Nice list. Today I woke up with a clogged nose and went sneezing like 5 times in a row. I think I'm gonna put those first couple of facts to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use #3 a lot, it really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stare at a light when im about to sneeze it helps haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually found out #7 when i first got into the horrible habit of staying up all night thanks to the internet haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. very informative list. you are insightful for being able to find these out yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is that really true? i mean, i never noticed you have to sneeze if you look in the sun. because i dont look into light very often. you know, i live in the cellar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've definitely got to remember the sneeze one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #7 is gonna be a big help on saturday, thanks!
    +following

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMg im telling this tips to my brother , i bet he will find them very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha nice post dude :) I'm sure these tips will come in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post man, I'm saving these for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha, you made your hair ginger ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are cool tips! One and two always work for me. I'd be interested in seeing what lemon juice and an hour in the sun would do to my dark hair after a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure if the bright light sneezing trick worked. Got to put it to the test some more..

    ReplyDelete
  15. really 1.?
    that is so cool, have to do it from now on

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I practically live in sunglasses when I'm in classes, because I'm running on sooo little sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to try the lemon trick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely some cool stuff in there, nice finds

    ReplyDelete
  19. How long did it take you to learn all of this shit?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no data
    backup. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?
    Here is my blog ... network marketing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei finest on-line blogshop for
    wholesale & supply korean add-ons, earrings, earstuds, locket, rings, hair, bangle & bracelet
    accessories. Offer 35 % wholesale markdown. Ship Worldwide
    My website :: ohiomeansjobs.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your style is really unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page.
    Also see my site - Smith Mountain Lake

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there everyone, it's my first go to see at this website, and post is truly fruitful for me, keep up posting these types of articles or reviews.
    My web page ... keynote speakers south africa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome article.
    Here is my web site :: Gambling

    ReplyDelete

I may not agree with what you will say, but I will defend to death, your right to say it.