Monday, May 16, 2011

Adjustment Bureau


Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? Matt Damon stars in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau as a man who glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue the only woman he's ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt)-a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself-the men of The Adjustment Bureau-who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path...



 REALLY great movie. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt were the perfect ones for this. He meets a girl moments before his speech in a comfort room, and eventually inspires David Norris (Matt) to change his speech so he could win the votes of the people. They werent meant to be inlove, as the girls role in David's life was just in that moment. By chance, they met again in a bus and the two fell inlove with each other. But this was not David's fate. David is supposed to live his usual lonely life as a politician and acquire satisfaction from the votes of the people. And if he falls inlove with Elise (Emily) he wouldnt continue to run for senate and further run for Presidency. The Adjustment Bureau is responsible for this, and they are set to keep them apart. But for David, Fate has to adjust to his life, to his love, and not the other way around. I cannot emphasize enough the epicness of this movie. 9.8 for me :D

25 comments:

  1. i saw it, and it was OK in my opinion. very good acting though, not such a good plot line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it too, but not a 9.8/10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive layout, nice blog,
    sadly ill have to take mine down is not really working for me ... you are now on my topsites

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a big fan of Matt Damon to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. me neither. but its about the movie. not his personal life :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Movie received some above average reviews but my favorite movie of this month has got to be Thor. What can I say, sometimes I like action over drama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks a bit like a shitty copy of inception to me...still may surprise me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watched the film because you posted it on facebook. V. Nice Film, nothing special....

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my fav movies of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. best actors ever and great plot combined = fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. this movie is waste of time and money. Inception was a way better than this

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just looking for some movie for evning ;P i will try and come back to thank or bitchslap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i wanna see this movie soo badly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't like the movie too much, just wasn't my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent movie indeed, Matt Damon follows through as always with an outstanding performance. Great post and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol why do you compare it to inception? yes, it got similarities.. but its totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Apparently Mr Obama didn't enjoy this movie :O

    ReplyDelete
  20. I forgot all about this movie. I really like the premises of it. I'll definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed this movie, everything just worked out the way I'd hoped and the cast meshed together really well. Matt Damon was of course very adept and impressive.
    I think it has some elements in common with Inception, but also that it's easy to compare a lot of this kind of movie with it.
    Very interesting blog, very followed (:

    ReplyDelete

I may not agree with what you will say, but I will defend to death, your right to say it.